Sunday, March 4, 2012

Two in one night, I'm on a roll

So earlier tonight I was going through all of our "stuff" to see how much of what we have and not. I just have to say that we are so blessed with a loving and giving family!! The only thing in this picture we have purchased is the crib and mattress. We've gotten a bouncer, pack-n-play, 2 carrier/backpacks, blanket, bottles, bibs, bible, passies, bath stuff, binky/lovies, a cute crochet hat (from Pop), 20 pairs of socks, atleast 8 sleepers (some footed, some gown type), a little spa suit with slippers, hat, towel, and robe; more bath towels, probably atleast 15-20 onesies, a monkey suit, and a plethora of other cute outfits. Not pictured we have more hats, onesies, and outfits, and a highchair. We also got a few girl outfits and blankets from the FEW people that actually thought we were having a girl. 

Can you tell we are ready for you to be here?!
(Grana (My mom) is going a little happy with the shopping, I don't think you will ever have to wear the same outfit twice, HA!)
We plan on getting our registry up and going soon, I've had a couple people ask me to go ahead and do one so they can start buying gifts. And we accept any and all hand-me-downs and pieces of advice! We have signed up for every single class available to us, because we are trying to get as much information as possible! We want to be prepared when Titus gets here!! Breastfeeding, infant cpr/safety, tour of the baby suites (River Oaks, where we will deliver and recover), nutrition, a 4-week class of childbirth and childcare, car seat safety and I think that's it. But who gives you information on which carseat/stroller/breastpump/bottles/etc, etc, etc. to buy. YIKES! We might be in trouble! 

Anywho, for a little fun, here's a survey I found on the internet:

How far along? 20 weeks, 2 days

Total weight gain/loss: Lost 6 in the beginning but gained everybit back plus 1 pound.

Maternity clothes? most of the time but some of my low cut jeans still fit, yoga pants, and a couple tshirts. But I've definately been shopping in the maternity department!! 

Stretch marks? a few from my growth spurt when I was younger, but none from the baby, HA!

Sleep: To hear my mom tell it I've been sleeping 12 hours a night since I came home from the hospital. Which is pretty true, I love my sleep. Always have. And I will surely miss it for the next 18 years so I'm getting plenty now :)

Best moment this week: We hit the 20 week mark. And I've felt the baby "really" move.

Movement: the quickening started around 16/17 weeks. I was almost 20 weeks when I was sure there was a baby in there, hahah! Since then he's been moving, ALOT!

Food cravings: fried chicken, cheeseburgers, fruit (grapes and citrusy fruits), lemonaide.

Gender: BOY (:

Labor Signs: None that I know of!

Belly Button in or out? innie.

Wedding rings on or off? still on, a little loose if I haven't had much sodium. The past couple of days that hasn't been the case though. :/

What I miss: sandwich meat (I never even really cared for sandwiches, but they were convenient), not having to pee 24/7, and a medium well steak. And I miss not having to worry about having a cup of coffee or a coke. I still have them, just less frequent. 

What I am looking forward to: short-term, Phillip being able to feel him move...long term, holding this baby in my arms!

Weekly Wisdom: Wisdom? I feel like I'm losing my brain most of the time! I do know that the baby is about as long as a carrot (head to rump).

Milestones: The 20 week mark means I'm halfway there, so that's a pretty big milestone I'd say :) 

Love, 
Nikki 

No comments:

Post a Comment