Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring Break and 23 week checkup!

Okay here I am trying to roll two posts into one, because I can never find the time to sit down and just write!

As many of you know Phillip is in school full-time, so the only time he could really get away was Spring Break. We decided to go to Disney World!!! Our last vacation as a family of two (unless I can talk Phillip into going to the beach before Titus comes :). We figured it would be a while before the boy is old enough to go to Disney and actually enjoy it so we had an adult trip and it was a blast! However, it was very exhausting for me. As if it's not just an exhausting place to begin with, Spring Break and being pregnant made it 10x more exhausting. But I didn't let it hold me back. We left the hotel before 8am and wouldn't get back most of the time until 10pm or later. We literally tried to squeeze in as much as we could!

Phillip felt the baby move for the first time on vacation and I had tons of Braxton Hicks contractions, but thats another story for another day. But here are a few pictures from the trip:

Sleepy head! 



I'm a bug! 

On a mission to get in line for Butterbeer! 

Look at those sleepy eyes! 

Minnie. 

We had to pull out the poncho's the first day at Epcot! It rained all day!! 

Lady and the Tramp 

A squirrel finding something interesting in Bell's wig. hahah

A big silverback coming right to us! 



this is the day we got rained on! Yuck!




I had a doctor appointment the week we got back (23 weeks). The good news was that the baby was doing fine, growing healthy, and I am still on track with my weight gain (even though we ate out every meal for a week, woot-woot!!). Titus' heartbeat was 144. The not so good news is, its kinda too early for me to be having so many braxton hicks contractions. So I've been having to keep an eye on them and keep them down with rest and lots of water. At my next visit I will officially be in my 3RD TRIMESTER!! Crazy how time flies, huh? We are working on our registries and our classes for childbirth start this week, along with all the other "first-time parent" classes we signed up for! 

Until next time, 
-Nikki



1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled across your blog & glad I did! I am so jealous of your trip to Disney -- that's where my husband & I honeymooned this past May! I cannot WAIT to go back, although we'll have to wait some time since our little one is just under two months! Looks like you guys had a blast, despite the rain and all. We got rained on at Disney one day, too, but I figure, if you're gonna get caught int he rain what better place than Disney World?! :)

    ReplyDelete